In spite of cancellations, postponements, and closings, we at JA continued our operations and moved further into digital and hybrid teaching. As education responds, JA pledges to further develop and expand digital-learning experiences and virtual volunteer sessions so that every child has access to real-world education.
Boston, Mass, United States of America
Civil society organization
Established : 1919
Education and COVID-19 Response
JA is building skill sets and changing mindsets, enabling girls to recognize early on that they can do anything boys can do.
Entire teams of girls compete each year at regional Company of the Year competitions and, time and again, they excel in their vision, organization, creativity, and commitment. They’re fierce, competing to win . . . and they usually do. In fact, at a recent JA Asia Pacific Company of the Year Competition, girls swept first, second, and third places!
Through JA, young women are charting their own futures, in business, in government, in education, in medicine, in technology, in science . . . in whatever they choose.
Countries of Interest
Brazil, China, South Africa, India, Ukraine
* As one of the world’s largest youth-serving NGOs, JA reaches more than 12 million young people each year, delivering hands on, experiential learning in work readiness, financial health, and entrepreneurship.
* JA’s skill-building programs—for students as young as 5 and as old as 25—are more important now than ever before in JA’s century of innovation and achievement.
* Under the mentorship of over 400,000 volunteers and teachers, JA students benefit from real-world work experience and know-how, transforming their knowledge, skills, attitudes, and aspirations.
* At JA, we celebrate impact across five continents, including those that incubate global social movements to those that foster better outcomes for individuals, families, and communities.
* JA equips young people from every corner of the world with the employment and entrepreneurship skills to thrive right now . . . and in the future.