The AVCN is committed to promote teacher training on distance education and blended learning as well as pedagogical engineering and quality assurance system for primary, secondary and higher education. Provide online access in isolated regions and countries.
Avicenna Virtual Campus Network (AVCN)
Network or association
Established : 2014
Education and COVID-19 Response
The AVCN has developed a Mobile Avicenna Virtual Classroom (MAVC) working without electricity and Internet. The MAVC is in one suitcase equipped with Nano-server, Nano-projector, Solar system and tablets. https://unesco.avcn.fr/connectivity/ This concept enables quality education to be given to everyone, even in isolated regions without electricity and internet. Currently, 11 MACV are using in the NWSW region of Cameroon (Conflict Region) as part of the UNESCO ECW Emergency Education project. More than 17,500 out-of-school learners use this offline learning material in communities.
The AVCN has developed 3 training modules for teachers training (in English, French and Arabic) focused on pedagogical engineering and ICT skills. These training programs have been successfully appraised by many university, secondary, primary’ teachers and educational inspectors in Mediterranean, Central Asia and Africa.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, the AVCN participated in UNESCO’ projects for teachers training in Cameroon, Gabon and Chad via videoconference and e-learning platform.
Countries of Interest
Chad, Burkina Faso, Sudan, Libya, Algeria
The AVCN is committed to providing experimented capacity building method and tools for teachers and distance learning:
- A teacher training programs for university, secondary and primary education on pedagogical engineering of on-line course production and quality assurance system based on the UNESCO Avicenna model.
- A sub-domain per project in the https://avcn.fr/ space and a reference portal for teacher training on pedagogical engineering for online course production https://unesco.avcn.fr/ .
- An adapted online and offline Learning Platform (LMS) using Moodle or LearnPress
- Technical assistance is to be provided for the specific adaptation of the platforms to each project.
- A concept for montage and using a Mobile video recording studio working with solar power in isolated regions.
- A Connectivity Solution working with solar energy for isolated and unconnected regions: Utilization and montage of a Mobile Virtual Avicenna Classroom (suitcase) equipped with Nano-server, Nano-projector, Solar system and tablets. The Mobile Avicenna Virtual Classroom will contain all the platforms and offline courses. With a capacity up to 50 users per classroom (Learners, students or teachers).